Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Broccoli Casserole

My kids can eat this endlessly!  This recipe started as a Thanksgiving tradition and I have to make it at least 2-3 times per months because every one just likes it so much.
The original recipe came from Paula Deen, but we changed it a bit to our taste.


Ingredients
This is from the original recipe
2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained. I use more broccoli to double the recipe and sometimes I use fresh, I don't see the difference between frozen and fresh here.
1 cup of mayo
1 cup of sharp cheddar grated - I use regular cheddar
1 (10 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 eggs
2 cups crushed buttery crackers - Here I never use crackers and prefer dried french fried onions
2 tb sp butter - I don't use it at all 

Preheat over to 350F. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine broccoli, cheese, mayo, soup and eggs together. Mix well. Pour this mixture in a backing dish. Top with crackers (dry cereal or dry french onions) and pour buttery over it, which I am not doing.
Bake for 35 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment